The unique education, experience, and training of the consultants at Lean 6 Innovations qualifies the firm to provide several types of specialty services in areas which can be difficult to find a subject matter expert. In these areas Lean 6 Innovations goes beyond many other consulting firms by providing both management consulting and training as well as providing contract performance of the specialty services identified below. Whether you need a training class to improve your internal capabilities and expertise, extra capacity in your organization, or a subject matter expert to get a critical project completed, we can custom tailor our services to your needs. Click on the specific area of interest below for more information.
|Intellectual Property Management (click for more)|
Intellectual property is the core value to innovation and an area with multiple, complex opportunities for massive value creation as well as costly missteps. The complex interaction between infringement of prior art and development of protectable intellectual property as well as ongoing management of IP can represent a difficult challenge to manage. The area also often represents real opportunities to inspire and create innovation through proper monitoring, analysis, and review of prior art and ongoing developments. Intellectual property attorneys are typically excellent at understanding and structuring appropriate protections and claims from legal perspectives, but often lack the technical expertise and background to fully evaluate both internal and external IP, and usually come with a relatively high cost of services. We can help as either your external intellectual property subject area experts providing technical expertise in the areas of monitoring, analysis, and IP strategy development, or we can help build an internal system and expertise for bringing an effective IP management program in house.
|Plastic Injection Molding Industry Specific (click for more)|
Through many years of experience in the plastic injection molding industry we have developed the expertise necessary to offer several valuable services related very specifically to the industry, including:
· Plastic Part Design – industry specific expertise and experience regarding precision, high volume, low cost plastic part design can be applied specifically to your product line, whether to design new products or reduce the cost of existing products.
· Scientific Injection Molding – Scientific injection molding is a specific scientific process which is used to rapidly establish the optimum molding process parameters. This process has been consistently shown to deliver optimal results with respect to lowering cycle times and reducing cycle related defects such as voids, flow lines, and other cycle related defects.
· Mold Design – years of experience directing the design of high precision molds designed for and industry with extremely fast cycle rates and extremely high volumes (in excess of $1B units/yr) has provided our consultancy with the expertise to help your organization with improving the design of your molds to deliver lower cost and increased capacity.
|Outsourcing/Contract Manufacturing (click for more)|
· Outsourcing/Contract Manufacturing Services – Virtually all manufacturers outsource or contract manufacture some elements of their production, whether it be the production of a limited number of components used in assembly or packaging to production, packaging, and shipment of finished goods. This contract manufacturing has multiple benefits, including lowering capital cost, efficiently managing variations in production capacity demand, and managing capital risk for new product launches. However outsourcing comes with significant challenges as well, including finding reliable suppliers, negotiating contracts, and assuring that they provide quality products and services. Through our global experience in working with contract manufacturers solving these challenges, we can offer world class services in finding, contracting, and managing (including setting up supplier quality assurance programs and audits) contract manufacturers for your firm
|Packaging/Consumer Dispensing/Aerosol Industry Specific (click for more)|
Through many years of experience in the consumer packaging and dispensing system industry we have developed the expertise necessary to offer several valuable services related very specifically to the industry, including:
· Innovation – with years of experience focusing on innovation and at track record of delivering some of the most successful innovations in the industry, we can help you bring the same innovation based success to your company.
· Valve Technology – Aerosol valves are complex, specialized systems with few true independent experts in their design and operation. We can help you understand these complex systems and assist you with interfacing with the manufacturers of these systems in multiple situations, including supply contract negotiations, cost reduction initiatives, quality assurance audits and failure analysis investigations.
· Spray Technology Optimization – Many marketers of consumer spray products are taking on the challenge of more environmentally sustainable sprays, through VOC formula reductions, using alternative propellants, and innovative deliver technology. If your products are best delivered via spray, our experience in that specific area with the leading manufacturers of spray systems enables us to provide detailed consulting services to optimize that performance.
· Plastic Part Design – industry specific expertise and experience regarding small, precision, high volume, low cost plastic part design can be applied specifically to your product line, whether to design new products or reduce the cost of existing products.
· Aerosol System/Dispensing Pump Laboratory Design – specific expertise is available to help you design and set up your laboratory for the lowest cost and most efficient operation.
· Failure Analysis/Expert Witness Services – Years of experience in the design and manufacture of these systems gives us the expertise to analyze failures, determine root cause, and even provide corrective/preventative action plans as well as provide expert witness services as necessary
· Consumer Research – through multiple highly successful product launches that included extensive consumer research we have developed the expertise to provide these services to our clients, including research design, execution, data analysis, interpretation, and presentation.
|Safety Systems/Accident Prevention (click for more)|
Just like product development and operational efficiency, an excellent fire and safety record requires disciplined management, specific processes, and solid training. Also just like product development and operational efficiency, an excellent fire and safety record delivers improved financial performance, through reduced insurance cost (including all types of liability coverage and workers comp), higher productivity, reduced turnover, and reduced downtime.
Through industry leading training and years of experience in companies with world class safety performance operating in high risk environments, we have acquired the expertise to help you achieve world class safety performance in your operation. Specific areas of expertise and consulting available include:
· DuPont Stop Safety System training
· OSHA required permit policy systems, including:
o Confined space permit entry
· OSHA/NFPA hot Work permit systems
· Customized safe work systems – for special hazardous work, such as special chemical handling, etc.
· Safety audits
· General OSHA requirements and OSHA preparatory safety audits
|QS9000/ISO9002/APQP/PPAP Design Control Auditing (click for more)|
The design control elements of many of the formal quality systems including QS9000 and ISO9002 are some of the most often cited areas for corrective action on certification audits and one of the most misunderstood areas of quality systems. The design control elements can also be very important in terms of assuring product quality and reducing design defects in products launched in the marketplace. We can assist your organization in all aspects of these important elements from design of the system, to training and policy creation, to pre-certification audits for compliance.
|Failure Analysis/Quality Claim Investigation (click for more)|
As design, manufacturing, and quality system experts we can provide failure analysis and quality claim investigation services to help you get to the root cause of your most serious problems.
© 2008 Lean 6 Innovations, LLC All rights reserved.