Innovation Project Management Organizing
for Innovation Innovation Excellence
Innovation Project Management
Organizing for Innovation
Lean 6 Innovations extensive experience and expertise in the area of Innovation allows our practice to provide firms with a deep understanding of the keys to this critical element of value creation as well as actually working with customers on the creation and/or design of new Innovations.
|Organizing for Innovation (click for more)|
For an organization to optimize its innovation efforts and the results of those efforts, the organizational structure both within the functional groups responsible for innovation as well across the entire organization need to be aligned with an innovations focus. Our experience in operating within innovation focused organizations give us the experience and knowledge to guide your efforts to optimize your innovation efforts through organizational structure. Key areas in this effort include:
· Vision+Mission+Values+Strategies+Goals=Culture - Critical to success, alignment and comprehensive elements of organizational culture, both overall as well as within the innovation organization.
· Structures - Key organizational functions
|Innovation Excellence (click for more)|
Successful innovations require more than just breakthrough ideas, they require excellent execution. Lean 6 Innovations utilizes key innovation excellence techniques to assure the final result represent excellence in the marketplace, including:
· Structured Innovation Process - How to find and create innovations tha meet customers important unmet needs
· Six Sigma tools for Innovation - including Hypothesis testing, Design of Experiments, tolerance stack analysis, Failure mode & effects analysis, and Measurement systems analysis
· Design for Lean - including design for Total Productive Maintenance, Rapid Setup/changeover, and Minimal Complexity.
· Design to Fail Safe
· Design to Failure
|Innovation Project Management (click for more)|
Success in Management of Innovation Projects requires expertise in multiple areas and use of several disciplined project management system. Some are well known and developed, while other represent thought leadership areas where best practices are in the early stages of evolutionary development. The principle at Lean 6 Innovations has over 20 years experience in the practice and optimization of the key systems, including:
· Advanced Stage Gate Development Processes - including process structure such as value models, decision analysis, and metrics and evaluation criteria.
· Design and Production Validation Systems - APQP/PPAP
· Project and Process FMEA (Failure Mode & Effects Analysis)
· Contracts and Supplier Management
· The Launch Process, including Game Theory and Product Line Transitioning
|Portfolio Management (click for more)|
Portfolio Management is emerging as a critical area in the management of Innovation efforts. Diversification among your investment portfolio is an important concept that is well understood, and organizations are recognizing the need to balance their portfolio with respect to Innovations as well. Innovation projects should be well diversified with respect to:
· Development timeline
· Market segmentation
· Revenue impact
Balancing your Innovation project portfolio and pipeline will result in the creation of an Innovation Dynasty, accelerating your organization ahead of the competition.
Beyond properly balancing an innovation portfolio, there are several additional areas of innovation project portfolio management that have the ability to create exponentially greater product and market success. The experience and training of the principles of Lean 6 Innovations can lead your organization through the critical areas of:
· Technology and Product Roadmapping
· Intellectual Property Management (click for more)
· Outsourcing and other techniques for leveraging your core competencies.
· Platform Planning - Extending and Expanding on Successes
© 2008 Lean 6 Innovations, LLC All rights reserved.