Lean Six Sigma Operational Excellence
Lean 6 Innovations goes beyond many other contract engineering and consulting firms by providing both management consulting and training as well as contract performance of the Lean Six Sigma Operational excellence services identified below. Whether you need a training class to improve your internal operations, extra capacity in your quality areas, or a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt to get that critical project accomplished, we can custom tailor our services to your needs. Click on the specific area of interest below for more information.
|Lean/Waste Reduction (click for more)|
· Value Stream Mapping and Process Flow Improvements – Analysis of your process and application of the correct process flow improvement techniques, such as inventory pull systems, process balancing, and other process flow improvement techniques can have dramatic impacts on inventory reduction and free up significant amounts of working capital while also reducing leadtimes and increasing throughput of the process !
· Four Step Rapid Setup Method (also known as SMED – Single Minute Exchange of Dies) – if process changeovers are a part of your business environment, you need to make sure the productive time lost to these changeovers is minimized as much as possible. Through application of these techniques we can reduce this productivity loss considerably.
· Visual Process Controls – Implementation of visual process controls typically improves material flow, eliminates process errors, and reduces other waste due to lack of information. Through implementation of visual process controls your employees are empowered with the information they need to make the correct decisions on a continuous basis to keep your operation running smoothly.
· Mistake Proofing (also known as Poke-Yoke) – mistake proofing techniques are an excellent tool for achieving reduction of defects and customer complaints, increasing customer satisfaction, and reduction of scrap. They can vary from simple process reorganization to more complex equipment design modifications, and in all cases deliver the benefits of eliminating mistakes before they occur.
· 5 S Organizational improvements – through these organizational and housekeeping improvement techniques your organization can implement improvements that will allow you to get more done with less time, personnel, and inventory and bring those savings directly to the bottom line !
· Complexity Reduction – Many companies make a large number of extremely similar products with minor differences between each one. These minor differences can drive complexity throughout your operations, also driving increased cost, lead times, and reducing profits. A relatively new area of Lean techniques, the techniques of complexity reduction help to identify this complexity and consolidate the complexity of product lines and operations in a way that preserves revenue while reducing cost and increasing profits.
|Six Sigma Tools for Process Excellence (click for more)|
Six Sigma techniques including advanced statistical tools and structured problem solving provide the methodology and systems needed to analyze your process variation, understand the root causes, and apply corrective actions - dramatically improving quality and reducing cost !
· Analysis of Variation (ANOVA) – Advanced statistical analysis of variation will provide insights in to patterns and causes, including which factors have significant impact on your process and where the root cause of your process variation occur.
· Statistical Process Control and Process Capability Measurements Continuous manufacturing as well as discrete manufacturing processes can benefit from applying statistical process control techniques and process capability measurements. Additionally, every day more and more customers are requiring demonstration that you operate with a statistical process control system and achieve a specific process capability through a number of standardized measurements. Let us help you get your manufacturing process under control and hit those increasingly stringent process capability targets !
· Measurement Systems Analysis – Accurate, bias free data is essential to understanding your process. The first step in the analysis of any process is validating the measurement system to make sure that the measurement system possesses adequate accuracy, repeatability, reproducibility, and discrimination.
· Design of Experiments (DOE) – Design of experiments is a proven technique for dramatically improving the ability of experiments to discriminate the relevance of changes and drastically reduce the amount and cost of experiments necessary to identify root causes and validate implemented improvements!
· Hypothesis Testing – Critical to analysis of any process or improvement, is the ability to determine if the results observed where caused by the changes made, or were merely just normal process variation. Hypothesis testing techniques answer this question with the appropriate, specifically defined level of confidence, whether that be 80% or 99.9%.
|Maintenance Excellence/Total Productive Maintenance (click for more)|
Through years of experience managing world class maintenance organizations we can show you how to achieve higher production capacity through reduced downtime and reduce maintenance cost through:
· Preventative and Predictive Maintenance Systems – Implement predictive maintenance to get the most from your maintenance expenditures and coordinate with your production scheduling. Utilize the most advanced preventative maintenance techniques that not only prevent unplanned shutdowns, but also actually prevent equipment wear, deterioration, and maintenance expense.
|Quality Systems (click for more)|
Through extensive experience with multiple aspects of quality systems we can help you through design, monitoring, and auditing of your quality systems to achieve the desired levels of operational efficiency and achieve and maintain your industry specific quality control certifications, with particular specialty in the following specific quality system areas:
· Design Control – If your industry quality system certification system requires a design control element, such as ISO9002 or QS9000, our experience in designing and operating systems that pass audits with no corrective actions can help you achieve your goals !
· Maintenance Management Systems– Many industry quality certification systems such as QS9000 require extensive maintenance management systems, including preventative maintenance systems, predictive maintenance, and critical equipment spare part systems. Our extensive experience in setting up these systems and passing these tough audits can be applied to your operations readily !
· Measurement Systems Analysis – One of the keys to successful Lean Six Sigma initiatives and continuous improvements in your operations is good, solid, data that can be used for analysis. Measurement systems analysis, including gage repeatability and reproducibility, is critical to assuring the production of accurate data, whether it is used for improvement initiatives or operating quality assurance. We can apply our years of experience in high precision design and manufacturing environments to your measurement systems via comprehensive analysis/audit of your systems with solid improvement actions if necessary.
· Supplier Quality Assurance/Improvement Programs – Virtually all manufacturers subcontract some portion of their manufacturing process, whether it be the production of the raw materials or other inputs to their process, or even the final production and shipping directly to the customer. Through experience with world class supplier quality assurance and improvement programs we can show you how to:
· Improve your OE by improving the supplier inputs to your process!
· Reduce customer complaints and improve customer satisfaction!
· Lower your cost of purchased components and services on a continuous basis !
All of this is can be very effectively achieved through implementation of a formal supplier quality improvement/assurance program. Let us show you how !
Throughout implementation of these lean six sigma techniques, we will also bring our two summary lean six sigma management techniques to all plans and actions, that being:
· The voice of the customer - we bring our considerable expertise in analyzing the voice of the customer to make sure the improvements implemented add value to your organization from your customers perspective.
· Structured decision making process – options for action are often complex, and it is important to use a structured decision making process to help make the most effective decisions.
© 2008 Lean 6 Innovations, LLC All rights reserved.